Friday, August 17, 2007

current favorite XD

When I watched the first episode, I found it somewhat sweet, promising too. The lead female's quite a potty-mouth, and pretty snarky too. Episode two got me feeling anxious to just end cause it seemed to draggy for its own good. Episode three was alright but the lead female was really getting to my nerves. However come episode four, the feelings of irritation washed away and were replaced by the feelings I had in the beginning, anticipation and love XD

Mio, that is lead character in First Kiss - played by Inoue Mao, is definitely funny and all especially since she talks so bloody fast. But sometimes, she gets a little too over the top which makes her annoying and frustrating. Her brother Kazuki, played by Ito Hideaki is so gullible when it comes to his sister and has the total, ultimate definition of a sibling-complex. But the not-so-good is balanced by the good so I suppose it's still alright, especially when it comes to Mio and Yuki-sensei's scenes, which always has her insulting him someway or another and he would be all apologetic and totally oblivious to Mio's real feelings. But the pairing, it's oh-so-sweet. Well, I still think Inoue has better chemistry with Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun, but Hiraoka Yuuta seems pretty alright after watching him in a few episodes. But what really convinced me of their chemistry would be episode four where Yuki came to look for Mio at a photoshoot. That look on his face when he came down the stairs... I think something within me just melted.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Maybe it was because of the soft tinkling instrumental that was playing in the background but there was something poignant about the scene which I absolutely loved. It was as if he had been rushing all the way to get to her, afraid she was hurt or something (but he wasn't and she wasn't either). And the water bottle scene...yeap, that definitely made me looked forward to the progress of these two although it's so darn slow XD

While I'm at it, caps of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e which I had almost forgotten about cause it was ages, heck, I even forgot which episode it's from. Either two or three, I think.

Oguri Shun is love XD
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He was trying to pull his pet dog away from the limelight which Sano was accidentally pulled into during a competition for the Most Good Looking guy. But the cute doggie wouldn't move and Sano somewhat panicked. Lol.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The bored look on Sano's face while being forced to wait for the result is absolutely priceless. A guy who doesn't care for popularity and how he looks...such existence is quite scarce no? XD

And then there's Ikuta Toma...and his expressions...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When he burned his tongue for putting in the okonomiyaki too soon, it's really way too funny. Half-flailing, half-struggling, somewhat contemplating to spit it out...oh gawd, he really cracks me up.

And of course, the classic...Nakatsu and Sano ended up kissing!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sano was drunk and randomly kisses people when he's drunk and it so happened Ashiya was right next to him but before he could lean in to kiss her, Nakatsu (the ever protective one when it comes to Ashiya) quickly went in between and the kiss happened. *Faints* Talk about the lack of shounen-ai in the ikemen paradise...so wrong, so corrected by this scene alone XD

Japanese doramas are definitely too insane at times...but still very, very much entertaining =D

No comments: