Tuesday, September 22, 2009

10 characters

So I was wondering to myself, after 'JAL Boy', which male character of a J-Drama whom I found myself very much charmed with and with much curiosity on my end, I started making a list and it came down to this:

10 J-drama male characters whom I - well, am charmed with:

10: Serizawa Naoto of Maou

Ikuta Toma. Ikuta as an actor, is very much versatile and charismatic. Any role he plays is very likable, even if it's the irritating Oribe Junpei in HYD2. For Serizawa, he was intense and tormented with a torrent of emotions as a detective in deep guilt of his past. Serizawa's got the very cunning look and the motor mouth with a quick temper but he's got a good heart that comes with it. And the quick witted brains. Focused and dedicated to his work and his friends. Admirable much.

9: Asakura Keita of Change

Takuya Kimura. He's bound to be in the list alright - he's the Takuya Kimura XD Anyhow, Asakura - a character who was the reluctant Prime Minister-in-running who's actually really dorky in his private life but really humble and down to earth with the most unexpected quirks. When he does become the Prime Minister however, his leadership skills shone with his exceptional belief in walking the talk and being with the people. And he's like this split personality guy - at home, he's the curly afro haired dorky guy with glasses and out in the public, charming and suave Prime Minister XD

8: Yamada Taro of Yamada Taro Monagatari

Ninomiya Kazunari. Ninomiya, like Ikuta, is a talented actor. Professional and amazing in all his roles be it comedic, serious, reluctant, handicapped, sullen, torn - he's just that good. I've never found myself not liking any of his roles really. So Yamada Taro stands out a little, why? Because he's charming! Rofl. But really, his smiles are amazing in here and that closeness he has to his younger siblings is so adorable and heart-warming. And his facial expressions are much love :)

7: Yoshio Ezaki of Osen

Uchi Hiroki. I haven't watched much of Uchi's acting but in Osen, he is downright funny and entertaining. His whiny expressions, complaints and griping - they are surprisingly not annoying but instead, brings a fresh humor to the usual comedic roles. And he cooks. That wins me much XD

6: Kurosawa Hikaru of Majo no Jouken

Takizawa Hideaki. Takizawa is a pretty good actor and very much a charmer on screen. His boyish looks wins him the hearts of many - including yours truly when I first watched a drama of his. So - Kurosawa Hikaru...all around high school rebel but with the most romantic heart and the fidelity beyond his years, it's hard not to love him. He's sweet and thoughtful and goes at lengths for love. How is it that I would not be charmed by him?!?

5: Odagiri Ryu of Gokusen 2

Kamenashi Kazuya. Kamenashi is quite the actor - depending on roles, I suppose. For this role, he charmed the socks off me. Yes, clearly I've always been infatuated with the rebellious type of guys, the sort that defies rules and regulations XD Odagiri is the bad boy with the very, very cool image. He's sensible and rational, that hint of maturity is there, but he just abandons school and studies just because. Hello, typical I-am-too-cool-for-school. But he's just - I don't know, I simply fell for his character okay, let's leave it at that.

4: Nakahara Shouta a.k.a. JAL boy of Attention Please

Nishikido Ryo. He's good, as in really. I was impressed with his portrayal of Oikawa Sousuke but yeah, that's the DV guy so I can't possibly be charmed with someone like that XD Anyhow, Nakahara is definitely among the top because he's snarky, sharp-witted, slightly temperamental, no nonsense, yet very much an ambitious guy in his early 20s doing his very best as an engineer for one of Japan's top airlines. Yes, I got charmed with that poison-tongue of his. He doesn't take things for granted and learns whole-heartedly. Despite his snarky side, he's also pretty cute. And he looks good in the jumpsuit XD

3: Nakatsu Shuichi of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

Ikuta Toma. The only one to make it in the list twice XD I did mention he's an amazing actor didn't I? Nakatsu by Ikuta is so much love. He's a dorky character that you can't help but adore. The things he says and does, gosh, it's dorkiness to the max XD He's funny, charming, lovable, caring, kind and exceptionally loyal...and he's a soccer freak. Hands down, he's an ideal guy :)

2: Naruse Ryo of Maou

Ohno Satoshi. Naruse is Ohno's first full drama role and he is hands down, simply amazing. I've never seen anyone with such versatility to switch from someone all-hell-breaks-loose evil to someone with such warmth affections to someone of broken regrets and despair, as good as Ohno does it. No, that's not impartiality there XD Naruse is of course, evil to the point he's in likeness of the devil. But what I actually liked about him, is his vulnerable side - one that he showed no one but Shiori. When his defenses break down, one can't help but to feel for him, to be on his side even though he's the mastermind behind the spring of killing. I don't know, he just makes me feel so drawn to him somehow.

1: Hanazawa Rui of Hana Yori Dango
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
There's no way no one did not see this coming. Portrayed by Oguri Shun, Hanazawa Rui is simply the character to fall head over heels with. He has the prince charming aura which is a plus. But what really hits me is that never ending affectionate gaze that he holds. Always gentle and tender with a small smile that lifts his lips, his protectiveness for Makino is simply heart-warming. He can be pretty vicious when it concerns a threat of her well-being, but otherwise, he's this really mellow guy who takes life easily in his stride. Hanazawa Rui is defined very much as the perfect guy ♥

That completes the list :)


Oh, in a special mention...a small cameo role as the flyer guy:

That voice and that expression - I think my heart skipped beats faster than it should :D

I was editing a lil and I realize, crap, almost completely and overwhelmingly so, the characters are in a pattern. The JE pattern....from 10 to 2. Except Oguri. At least that shows I have an interest outside of JE. I think.

1 comment:

Ven Hui said...

HIII haha i just had to comment! lols...hello fellow Johnny's fangirl!! woo though I'm kinda guilty of leaving the Johnny's fandom for awhile coz I got hooked onto AAA! I read ur posts about AAA too especially takauno! tat was really cutee =DD

Don't get me wrong...still love Johnny's though!! Arashi, KAT-TUN, Hey!Say!JUMP, NEWS....but not as much as last time I guess since I'm totally into AAA now =DD

btw...r u MALAYSIAN too? O.O