Monday, September 01, 2008

delayed post

Honestly, I've been distracted over and over again that I simply couldn't find my concentration to actually sit still and update this blog here. Distracted with all the good reasons of course. The first being the Twilight saga which really - no words are needed. Think vampires and it's quite likely one who knows me well enough could put it all together. If not, well, conclusively - I've been sucked into my fascination for vampires once more. It all began almost 3 years ago with Lestat - my first encounter of an enticing and simply fascinating vampire who goes beyond the traditional image of one, then Louis, and of course, Kuran Kaname and now, Edward. And Jasper, Alice, Carlisle and every one of the Cullen family. I still don't understand why am I so deeply fascinated with them but they intrigued me more than any other ever will. I am curious as to see the stories drawn about them, the images, the myths, etc. Anyhow, I think there are more than enough fangirls of Edward to outweight a blog post of my own so I will just skip my gushing on said vampire.

Second reason of delayed post - I was hardly at home for the weekends. First weekend in Singapore. Next in Kota Kinabalu. Then in Kuching where I met the blue-eyed guy. And then of course, I could hardly keep myself away from my obsession of buying books every single time I come across a book store. 11 books in a span of three weeks amounting to a total of RM350+ Every single one of them completed in a span of three days or less, depending on how eager I am to consume the contents while breathing in deeply of the pages' scent and allowing my mind to concoct the vivid images to come to live. Creepy-sounding yes, but that is how I generally come to view a book. Books have got to be the next best thing to dark chocolates, except that they are non-edible XD

So here I am with the post I was supposed to do a little while ago. None-JE related though. I mean come on, one can only take in so much of the fandom. Although I will admit that Nishikido Ryo still holds my heart as the hottest guy alive in my fangirldom. Can I help it if the guy's smile and smoldering gazes just sends tingly feelings down my spine and a smile to play about my lips? And his name just rolls of the tongue so easily - with a nice sounding ring to it. Enough about him though, that's not the point of this post. The real point - well, is my new-found discovered love for a fandom I've never really paid much attention previously despite having their songs on my HD. AAA. As in Triple A, or Attack All Around - but better known as AAA. A group consisting of five guys and two girls with exceptionally well-rounded talents at singing, dancing, acting (though I haven't seen much of that to hold my words to a conviction) and hosting. But in all, the group dynamic is fascinating and they have been together for almost 4 years if I'm not mistaken. Their songs range all over the genre and after a couple of times, they grow onto you.

However, Music!!!, drew me in immediately upon first listen. It also drew my interest in the group almost instantaneously. And I fell in love with the boyish charms that is Nishijima Takahiro.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
His boyish-cuteness is irresistible, just as his voice is.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The group is simply lovable somehow - with each individual offering something of their own to the group. They are fresh I suppose - they make it all sound so light-hearted and easy and their interactions with one another are very much like a group of close-knit friends instead of fellow groupmates in an entertainment unit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Misako Uno has an undeniable charm about her as well. She's amusing and bubbly, and her closeness to Nishijima-kun is simply lovable. They are 'the' canon pairing of AAA, though it's unknown if they are really together in real life but honestly, their interaction are always fun to watch. Their laugh matches one another, easy and thoughtful gazes directed at one another, casual touches of the arm, etc. It's an OTP all the way.

And besides that, have I mentioned how much I love 唇からロマンチカ? It's the cabaret song after Moulin Rouge and PATD. The PV for it garners as much love as the song does. What with the Nishijima-Misako interaction, the beautiful dances that fit so well into the song's beats, and Shinjiro's smoldering looks of a hired killer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This would be said 'killer' - Shinjiro Atae. The youngest of AAA but with a deeper bass voice as compared to the rest of the guys. But gawd do I love it when he smirks. I've never seen a more gorgeous smirk than Shinjiro's. Really. And his Kansai-ben in Delicious Gakuin is hilariously cute.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My favorite scene in the PV. Simply cause Nishijima looks on with a composed unaffected manner as everyone around him scrambles in fear and shock as Shinjiro casually whips out his handgun and aims it at Nishijima's head with a cool stance.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I love their outfits in this PV. The dresses the girls wore, especially Misako's. And the suits the boys wore, especially Nishijima's and Shinjiro's but especially Shinjiro really - it's not too formal with a hint of casual suaveness to it.

I love every bit of their music and I think they are worth recommending. Starting easy to the usual familiar sound of happy-pop with Music!!!, followed by Get Chu! and Minna Star - their cover of HSM's We're All In This Together, then Hallelujah for a different change from the usual teeny-bop like pop to
唇からロマンチカ and then Zero for their take on crazed rock-ish tunes, That's Right for some screams and heavy beats and rifts, Red Soul to follow up with the upbeat and then mellow down with the loveliest duet I've ever heard for a Japanese song - 出逢いのチカラII featuring Nishijima and Misako. Their chemistry exists in this song and it's undeniably beautiful. Have I mentioned how much I ship this pairing? XD

So yes, this is the fandom I've been so much into that I've sort of neglected the rest but that's just usual =D

No comments: