Sunday, December 11, 2005

a sPeciaL daY

The special day does not belong to me, well, okay so maybe it's special to me too. But the day's not today though, it was actually yesterday...December 10. Something long-awaited and very much anticipated...but it was a nerve-wrecking moment for all, including the 6 themselves and the rest.

After 6 years + of being togther and going through so much, they have never been awarded as the top, the best, among the rest. It was usually the runner-up place, whic
h some would say is good enough. But really, it's not...I mean, who wouldn't want to be the best out of the best? But on Dec 10 itself, the tears of sadness and dissapointment switched to tears of joy and relief. The 6 finally won the Daesang(the top award in the music scene) after 6 years...after having to be sidelined and putting up brave smiles as they move to the side of the stage to hide their tears and to be brave. It was their turn to take center stage and they truly deserve it.

Okay,so it's actually last year when they won the 2004 Seoul Gayo Daesang...but it's sorta
like a one year anniversary whereby most fans remember this date and this very special memory. When I first read about the it and saw the clip of them winning, I got pretty much teary-eyed. They were so cute...they didn't thought they would win as they have been dissapointed year after year with just the runner-up place, so when their name was announced, they were still staring at a space, looking elsewhere, basically not catching their name being called out. Even the fans went silent for a moment before the realization set in on them.When it was annouced again, the guys looked up and saw the award being gestured towards them...their jaws drop and they looked around in disbelief before hugging each other with tears.























I can't help but blog about it. I don't know why, but I just love them alot...they're just... I don't know. They make me smile/laugh (though at my most down depressive times they don't-cause I refuse to let myself be cheered up so I wouldn't listen to my fav songs, or do anything nice for myself...), they encourage me somehow...etc. I don't need to justify my feelings or anything, cause I owe no one that. All I know, is that they are always gonna be my favorite =)

Credits for the images goes to SHCJ.net and...I totally forgot where I got the other one from, but I think it's a news site. Lol.

No comments: