Sunday, February 05, 2006

wRitten in tHe stArs...

When I was kid, even now actually,I've always loved those romantic movies where the guy and girl meets each other when they were kids. A bond is formed then...simple but sweet. However, they would get separated somehow and years later, they meet each other again and love crosses their path, bringing them together again and this time, a love that will last forever with a beautiful happy ending. It's the time of story that makes your heart flutter and go all, 'aww'.

People say it only happens in the movies. Some say there's no such thing about having one person that's destined for you. Some say there's no such thing as fate, or finding your other half. Stuff like that. Some say it's just a bunch of stories that's made up just to sell and cash in on the ideas for movies/etc.

To that I say...well, you guys are dead wrong. My cousin brother and his lovely wife are the living proof that sometimes, love is just written in the stars...destined...and you'll find your other half who'll complete you. Thinking about it right now is making me teary-eyed. Hehe.

Their story began when my cousin brother was born. Coincidentally, the both of them were born in the same hospital in the same year. They met as 7 year olds while studying in primary school and continued being in the same class for the next 6 years. My cousin brother had a crush on her back then. But she never did knew about it cause he never said anything about it. They continued being in the same school for their secondary education but in different classes. Upon graduation from high school, they split ways as my cousin left for the U.S and she continued locally.

He came back in 2001 for a short vacation and fell in love with her, this time for real, not just some puppy love, and they got together. Come 2002, she bravely took the step to leave all that she had in M'sia to join my cousin in U.S...and they were soon married in September 2002. And now, with 3 years+ of being together, they are still as loving and happy together.

Their wedding dinner,which was yesterday was absolutely lovely. Beautiful lighting and interior...with a happy atmosphere. There was a small handmade booklet on their life and love story...with a lovely slideshow of them. There were joyous messages from family and friends, lots of confetti, lots of smiles and laughter...though the food was slightly horrible to my taste,lol, but in all, it was great.

I got a little emotional when I watched their mini movie. There's not much people that I know with such a beautiful love story. It was like fate bought them back together. They had a long distance relationship before getting married, and for some long distanced relationships...it would mean doom, but not theirs. Instead their love grew stronger. And to know each other as kids, seeing each other growing up throughout the years...and then splitting ways for a couple of years before finally coming back to each other...it's like it's written in the stars that they are meant to be.

So who says that such love stories only happens in TV shows and movies? So a year ago when I was hoping for a cinderella story...it's not just a dream. It can be real. Everyone finds a happy ending in the end..with their someone special. Sometimes, when I see couples...especially loving ones...I can't help but smile. Especially the elderly ones. I do envy them, but most of all, I admire them for their love.

The love story between my cousin brother and his lovely wife (the reason I keep saying lovely is cause she really is lovely) reminds me of the love story of Stairway To Heaven(the korean tv drama). The love story between Song Joo and Jung Suh, though minus the extremely sad ending. But what really relates to that story is the quote from the show which is one my favorites. 'Two people in love will meet in the end...doesn't matter how far apart, they will always come back to each other in the end.' It sounds even more beautiful in korean actually. Still, it's so beautiful and it's so true.

To my wonderful cousin brother, Raymond and cousin sister-in-law, Soo Hwa...wish you both all the very best in life, to be together no matter what, with lots of love always and forever.

No comments: