" Could it be that everything goes round by chance...Or one way that it was always meant to be..."
Three days after the match...I flipped through newspapers and wasn't that pleased with some comments in it. Some included that Arsenal should have been 'dead' by the end of 90 mins, didn't exactly deserve the Cup, or it's kinda a 'suspicion' of Arsenal's 'skills'. Man, it was sure a red-stop sign, do-not-process-through-brain thing for me. What the hell? I mean, yeah true, Man Utd did play well...they had the control...the reins for the entire game...but they were the one who blew their chances...it's not like Arsenal blew it for them. I don't get it why ppl keep having that kind of thought. It's like...Hello? Sometimes in football, things are pretty unpredictable. I admit that we were lucky to be able to hold on, we weren't playing like our usual self (in fact, it was pretty nonsensical kinda playing...Lol) but the point is, we scored all 5 of the penalty kicks, and we didn't cheat either..so..point? We won the Cup fair and square, and yes, with a lil luck on our side. Man Utd was...well, unlucky. Even Wenger admitted it himself that Man Utd was good, we were...well 'weird' and lucky (How wonderfully humble the man is. Hehe.) Okay, I'll shut up about it. Point: Man Utd was good with good chances and Arsenal held on well with a strong mentality.
Still, I do admire Arsenal for holding on. I mean, they were playing serious...no, not serious football, more like serious...nonsense in a way? Hehe....and it did looked like Man Utd was gonna win it. But even with Man Utd being all tough and everything, the players still defended with all they could. They still carried on with the game, giving it all they got even though they could hardly reach the goal. It's like...woah. Strong and determined mentality these guys got. Even during the penalty, it was all cool and calm. Yeah, that's what I love about Arsenal. Hehe. But it did surprise to me to find out Wenger changed the formation to 4-5-1...with Bergkamp as the loner striker up front. Whatever happened to our usual 4-4-2 which we've never changed even at Champions League? Reading through other Arsenal fans' blogs...they too find it pretty scary and weird and rather..silly. Of all games to try a new formation, it has to be the FA Finals. I can't find the amusing part here.
The season has finally ended, to which I say, was a pretty good season all in all. Seeing the new young talents emerged on the field, with their talents and abilities. From attacking to midfield and to defence...there were youngsters with real talent in them. To which I must say, Wenger really, really has a great eye for young talents...and he improves them so well too. This season there's the introduction of Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie, Gael Clichy, Philippe Senderos and Mathieu Flamini...with all shining pretty well. Cesc of course, is amazing for a then 17-year-old, now 18. He played pretty much alot games for his age, making first-team appearance quite alot, and played in the major games too, and never really did he fail to prove himself. Flamini, as my brother says, could possibly be the next Vieira with his impressive skills. van Persie, what can I say? The guy is just getting better and better. I still remember his two goals against Blackburn in the FA Semi-Final and those two goals are the little snippets of his talent to which I say will be even more impressive and outstanding in the coming seasons. Senderos is really becoming prominent in the defense line, he's just...good. Really good. Unfortunately there wasn't much action from Clichy this season due to his injury but the times he played, just proves that his definitely one guy to look out for. Right, one more guy before my brother throws something at my head for forgetting, Justin Hoyte. A potential player,though he's hardly seen this season, but...maybe given more chance, this guy will be great too.
However, the rest of the team was great too. Each and every one of them. According to what I read, Bergkamp is staying on for another season (Awesome!). I was really impressed when he said 'It's either Arsenal or nothing' in one newspaper article that I read concerning his ending contract at Arsenal. It was like, if Arsenal didn't offer him a new contract, then it's retirement for him. I was like...wow. He's totally devoted to the club,and that...is GREAT. However, this season marks the end for Edu, a good midfielder, I think his presence would be missed by the fans. I really wish him all the best in his new club. Good luck Edu. All in all, Arsenal...though we missed the Premier League top spot, but that's okay, we had a pretty good season. Hopefully next season we will make a comeback for the Premier League top spot and maybe even go for the Champions League Final (Hey, a girl can hope okay?) Besides, Liverpool are at the finals, which is pretty cool actually. They will be playing against AC Milan, and I'm kinda sitting on the fence, but still, good luck to both teams anyway.
Football season has come to an end...the new season starts in August...which makes me wonder...what THE HELL am I gonna do during the weekend nights (and certain weekday early-before-crack-of-dawn-mornings). Now I really understand how the football fans feel during this period. Lol. And it's actually kinda freaky that I'm being that way too. Hell, I'm starting to get too weird here.
No comments:
Post a Comment