Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a happy update

For the past two days, okay, maybe one day since it was all in a matter of 24 hours but because I was following my vampire schedule so it just felt like it was two days instead, I've been complaining and whining (which is nothing new) and being the total brat that I can be. So finally, here I am today with a really good mood.

I woke up at 5.45am today, which usually doesn't actually puts a good point in my day, instead it just gives me a reason to hate the day even more so, but today was different. I woke up, was supposed to head out early with my mom and dad so I could go to KL Sentral and Bangsar to get my travel tix. Instead, dad said he was worried about me going alone, especially to Bangsar, so he offered to take me there tomorrow to get my tix. I was a little irritated but glad. Irritated cause it meant I woke up at 5.45 after merely two hours of sleep for nothing, but glad cause it means I don't have to go all the way by myself and especially since I'm not sure of the place myself. Dad then asked if I'd like to follow mom and him to the market to which I did since I was already wide awake from my cold shower. I'm glad I did. I had a good time with my dad, just eating breakfast, small-talk and buying fruits from the market, so it was all worth it indeed. Especially since today is my dad's birthday. Happy birthday daddy.

I continued with my dreaded assignment again and this time, after editing it, I realized that instead of cutting my words down to fit the word limit, I added words instead. So now I'm close to exceeding twice the limit. Either I have too much facts, or I just have too much crap in it. It looks a little better than it was yesterday though, but somehow I think my writing's a little off in it. I don't seem to be able to connect my paragraph to one another, to create the smooth transition or whatever. Sigh.

Also, I've gotten around to my DDP second assignment. Well, not really, but close enough. I mean, I've decided what I'll be doing for the sections and all, I have the idea planned out, just need to research some stuff. I was supposed to be doing one of the sections today, the element part, but I got caught up in searching for my bilingual element instead. Since we're given the option to do choose whatever language we would like to present our element in and the choice to choose whatever element we want, naturally, I'd of course pick something I love. And currently, that would be KAT-TUN. I actually spent some time thinking how I was going to insert something KAT-TUN related into my magazine until I remembered that the guys have a couple of really awesome ads. Luckily for me, they endorse the DoCoMo cell phones (very cool phones to which I will never be able to get) and there are a couple of ads for it. But unfortunately for me, I forgot where I had seen them before and had to go look for it again. Boyspaper@LJ provides HQ scans (and I mean seriously awesome terrific HQ scans) and I knew I had seen their latest DoCoMo ads there.

Well, lesson number 1, if you ever see something you like, take it, save it, keep it, whatever. Just don't ignore it and think it doesn't matter you won't need it, etc. You will. Lesson number 2, always keep a strong focus on what you're looking for. If not, you'll be easily swayed. No joke. Instead of just looking for the ad scans (which in the end I did get the ones I wanted in the best resolution too, hehe. Thanks to the awesome scanners at Boyspaper, if I were to ever get an LJ account, I's definitely thank them for every single scanning they do) I ended up flicking through most of their scans and went, 'woah, I didn't see this', 'when was this?', 'wow...he looks freaking...', anyway yeah, that went on past the time I originally limit myself to look up for those ads. But it's not entirely my fault, I mean, I had to go through every single entry to check (which was really tiresome), so it's natural that I'd catch sight of something else as well. Lol. Anyhow, at least I got my bilingual element done...well, sort of. I have a feeling that I might have to translate it and I'm hoping that the Japanese used is not that tough. Cause if it is, I'm dead. I've only come to recognizing and memorizing the hiragana characters, with minimal understanding to certain words, sentences and phrases. But I'm not complaining, I like the ad a whole lot. And I enjoy learning the language, and I think I'm progressing far better than I did for Korean. Lol.

After one week of hanging on to the cliff-hanger, I finally got to watch Sapuri again. First I was frustrated, then annoyed, then dissapointed, then miserable, then finally...joy. Ishida confessed to Fuiji in one of the most romantic way ever and the next episode looks pretty exciting as well. Finally! After the endless looks of longing and crazy fanatics, something actually happens. But since it's already episode 7, that means there will be another three to four episodes before the dorama ends. Sigh. I've always wondered why Japanese doramas are so short, but then again, I'm glad it doesn't stretch that long with draggy storylines like certain Korean/Chinese dramas do. If the storyline is fresh and exciting, I don't mind if it's dragged on, but sometimes, they tend to be too predictable and you can just tell what's going to happen next. It kind of kills your initial interest in the drama.

I'm happy. Very. Lol. Incredibly happy after watching Sapuri. =)

No comments: