Thursday, January 06, 2005

noT giVing a rAt's aSs...& mAkinG a difFeRenCe...

My Mood: Cool...wayyy cool...
Music: Ryan Cabrera's Take It All Away album

My finals for my 3rd semester is like...well..tomorrow and Monday but I'm totally laid-back about it.That's so not me.I would usually study and all that..but now,I'm like...what?huh?....Lol...
I'm not giving a rat's ass about my finals...strange.I guess probably because I'm occupied about my mum and her 'condition'...but I do want to do well in my finals but I think at this rate I'll probably just scrape through average grades like B+,A-....okay,that's negative thinking...no way,I'll study.I'll revise and I'll do well.Yup.I will,serious.Hell,I still have a day left and I'm actually sorta prepared for the Friday's exams...the other two on Monday...I guess I can manage that too...yeah..after all,I'm the 'Last-Minute-Princess'...Hehe...
So,one of my fellow classmates called me earlier and asked me to help out with something.One of our friends has problems with the college,so we need to help him out.So,I did.It involved RM50...but it's worth it.I mean,hey,he's my friend...he needs the help...so...why not?Cause this help means alot,it means he could continue on his studies...and I know how it feels if you can't get to study what you want to study.When I was in Form 4...Mass Communications wasn't my choice at all.Hell no.I thought it was some prissy course.I was more into Law.Before that,during my 'kiddie' years,I wanted to be a singer/actress/model/air-stewardess/teacher/doctor..you know,the typical 'young-girl dreams'..I still love those dreams...sigh...neways,when I got to Form 5,I changed my mind. I realized what I wanted to do in my life...to make a difference...and I loved writing and reading...that's when I realize..Mass Comm is what I need...Journalism was like my calling,what I wanted to learn and do.You know Gilmore Girls,Rory Gilmore?Well,I kinda got inspired by her too. Anyway,so I told my parents my decision.They were like...we can't really afford it...with both you and your bro to manage...you see,my brother was in Upper 6 when I was in Form 5...I know this doesn't make sense to those of you who understand the M'sian schooling system cause this means a two year difference when I mentioned before that my bro is 3 YEARS OLDER than me.Well,I'm a PTS kid.PTS kid would mean..I skipped std 4..from std 3 to std 5...which is why I closed the one year gap between me and my bro(education-wise)So,the same following year(which is last year) both me and my bro would further our tertiary education.I didn't want to go Form 6 cause I know I would die there..I had no interest in the subjects anymore..science was not my thing,I had enough of science in high school(I was in a pure science class-chemistry,biology,physics) and arts which would be economics,and all that...would lead me to boredom-ville.So Form 6 was not an option.But I had to further my studies...I nearly lost hope of going to college..but somehow,God must have helped me...My dad relented and agreed...I manage to secure the government loan...and I'm in the course I want to take,studying what I like...and this year,on Tuesday to be exact,I'll be going in to my major..Journalism...yippee....
So,I understood how it feels to have some obstacle blocking you from your studies...so I decided to help.RM50 is not a small sum(maybe to some yes,to me no) but I think it's worth it.I think helping others makes a difference in the person's lives.You could make their lives better somehow...not just making a difference with money..but a simple smile...it can do wonders...so can simple sweet gestures...so,I hope everyone who's reading my blog..would smile at least once a day at stangers....lend a helping hand...or offer a shoulder to lean on/ear to listen...and btw,when you help others...you feel good about yourself...seriously.That's why I love my smile.I smile at people and mostly,they all smile back.And it makes me smile even wider and I know,that their hearts are smiling too.A happy smile is contagious...and it can do wonders...

1 comment:

Germaine.J.W said...

like whao.. u do mass comm.. tts very cool indeed.. your english is really gd.. for me.. i dono y but my language ttly suxs man.. but thn again.. nv was really gd in any other acadamic subjects.. keke.. but.. i'll be updated on ur life alrdy~! peace.. tc of urself~! have fun in sch.. :)