I'm crying. This has got to be one of the most memorable moments my football-watching history. Arsenal drew 0-0 with Villareal but...because we won 1-0 in the home game, we've still got it through aggregate. Which means...
Arsenal's in! For the finals, for the first time since...well, since forever. The single most historic match in Arsenal's playing history. Arsenal are in the finals for the Champions League.
Though Villareal really gave their all and had possesion of the ball most of the time, I'm glad Arsenal's defense was strong enough to hold them up. The 89th minute penalty had nearly killed me there and then but lucky for us, Lehmann was in the best form for the match and saved it. I hate to think about enduring a penalty shoot-out...the last time that happened, for the FA Cup, I was a nervous, jumpy wreck.I couldn't sit still, my hands gripping each other as I paced around being all teary-eyed and felt like I was a walking time-bomb just ready to explode.
But with all that aside...I'm just so happy we're in the finals. It's the finals...the match that will crown the new European champion in football. It all comes down now,to who we will be facing in the finals.
No comments:
Post a Comment