I think I've had too much days off from college, that's three days out of a five-day-a-week-classes, that I've ran out of things to do, or to amuse myself.
Sure I could've studied for my finals, but I know myself well enough to know that everything that I study at this period would fly out of my brains by next week. I'm the type who has to study when the exams are close so that I'd actually pay more attention to my books and be able to keep the info in my head until the exams ends. Too early would mean risking myself to forget what I've studied. Though the exception goes for major exams like PMR and SPM, to which for the former I started about 2 1/2 months in advance and the other, I started about 3 months in advance.
I spent my day in front of my computer, reading fan fictions! Gawd, I really have no life sometimes. But the fan fictions gave me pretty good amusement cause I kept looking into the humor genre so I ended up laughing most of the time. I was a little bored of OTH fan fictions and there weren't enough Reno-Tifa fan fics, which by the way is a huge shame cause they are one fan fic-worthy-pairing, so I ended up browsing for stories of my next fav couple in the fan fic world, Harry & Hermione. Yes, of Harry Potter. I couldn't think of any other fan fictions I could stand reading, I thought about Shinhwa but some of those fics written...really makes my eyes roll up to the high heavens. Honestly, there are some that can go beyond the point of horribly awful, but they are some really good ones still.
I realized that I cannot, absolutely cannot, take bad fan fictions. Once I read a horrible storyline/crappy grammar/ridiculous scenes/really childish dialogues/etc...I will immediately click the 'x' button on the right side of my screen. It just immediately turns me off, especially even more so when the author gives the character a totally different personality, some which are just really plain ridiculous. Some works, yes, but some are just 'not real'. For example, Haley from OTH being an A-list popular-bitchy-stuck up,whore-like girl. It makes me go...what in the world? Sure, you can give her a different side by letting her be a little more flirty, sharp-tongued...but to change her entirely? That doesn't really go down well. But that's just my taste in reading. However, I have to put out that there are lot's of amazing writers out there with amazing ideas, humor and wit.
Other than fan fictions, I was bored to tears when I flicked through the tv channels. I can't believe being subscribed to Astro still does not make you have something to watch 24/7. I was hoping for a nice football replay of some sort, but no such luck. So I finally settled on channel 82, StarSports whereby they had the replay of the NBA Playoffs.
And for once in my life, other than football, I actually understood what was going in a sports game. Lol. Yes, I understood the whole basketball match. I knew when it was a foul, I could differentiate what shot was going to get two points, three points or a single point, I could even name certain shots and even spot a player doing the fade-away. I suprised myself. No complaints here however, this at least gives me something new to watch on tv and to put better use of my time.
No comments:
Post a Comment