Today was one of those days that I totally got freaked out whereby if you'd have suddenly come up and talk to me and I didn't see you, I would have screamed and fled the scene. No joke. Or I'd have froze up and just stare at you like you're alien with five heads or something.
I was getting out of college today whereby this fellow student, whom I do not know at all, started following me. At first it wasn't that obvious but his actions soon proved otherwise. I thought it was just me being self-conscious or something, but I saw it myself! I came down the stairs, turned right and he who came out from the lift, turned left. Before that, a brief glance was shared before looking away.Okay, sounds normal. Not until when I was walking by myself that I noted there's suddenly someone behind me and it was him. Hello? Wasn't the guy walking to the other side earlier, why now following my path? I thought it was just a mere coincidence so I carried on walking, though a little freaked, and just for extra measure, I speed-walked(which I'm damn good at cause I always did that back in high school when I want to catch up with my friends...or crush.lol) and quickly walked to the other side of the building. I hurried into a shop and watch from the glass doors. There he was at the opposite side, looking around for hell knows what. He continued to walk down and I thought I saw the last of him. But when I came down to wait for my dad, he was there again. I shrugged it off, acted normal, plugged in my earphones and walked away. I came back up again to the benches and sat down. Minutes later, he walks back up after looking around a few times, for again, hell knows what, and then goes away for good.
What.The.Hell? The guy was not waiting for anyone and it's a known fact that when you're down there by where all the cars pass through to pick and drop off people, it means that you're waiting for someone to pick you up and take you home to your nice comfy bed or your exciting computer. Obviously you can't say he was there to wait for someone to pick him up cause he just walked away from there after that, and there's no reason for him to just suddenly start following my route of walking when he already started to go the other way earlier.
If I sound like I'm being stupid, I'm not...okay maybe, but I'm only saying so because I'd like to give this guy a benefit of the doubt, that he was not following me and it was just a misunderstanding on my side. I hope. But the look in his eyes does freak me out. A couple of my friends and I have seen the way he looks at people, and even at my friends. It's not your usual glance-over look or checking-you-out look, it's more of...I don't know. It's just not that 'casual'. But fine, I'll not be a shallow brat and start thinking such mean thoughts about someone I don't know.
However, I'm a little proud to know that my 'avoidance skills' are still pretty good and not rusty at all. Lol. See, I used to have to avoid certain people back at high school and it wasn't actually easy cause the school is only so big, you can't run and hide for the rest of the day (or week) without being seen by the person. But with very good practice from the time I was in Form 3, I kinda got good at that. Trust me, if I were to avoid you like the plague, I will avoid you like the plague. I've never gotten caught in my act before, except for once or twice but that was because my friends rat on me.
Yesterday was a different story. It was a really nice day for me actually, well at least for 2 hours plus it was. I went out for brunch with Melissa, Mags, Lu Yi, Luo Qian and Grace at McDs and on the way there, at there, on the way back from there, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, laughing most of the time. I even admitted to Mel that it's one of the best times I had. Sure it was nothing big, but it was still fun. Just talking and joking with lot's of laughter. Sometimes the simple things just beat every other thing else.
Right now there's a little conflict over the internet regarding Shinhwa to which I'll say is getting out of hand. Some fans are threatening to boycott them, some fans are sticking to their guns (and the group) defending them like crazy, some non-fans are criticizing them like hell, some forgive-and-forget. Who's right and who's wrong? Well honestly, I'd say both sides.True, Guy1 should not have drunk & drove but what he did then does not have relation to the tv show he is hosting. Guy2 should not have post what he posted in his diary but then whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Both sides should cut each other some slack, we are all humans, sometimes we make the worst mistakes ever...but there's no saying we won't change and learn from our mistakes. There's no excuses for Guy1 and Guy2 for what they did, and yes, what they did was foolish (and in Guy1's case, dangerous) but it does not actually mean you can act all 'I'm-so-good' and start dumping on them. I just hope this would all be dropped and Guy1 and Guy2 would apologize and let this be closed. If either side brings it up again, then it just proves who's the bitter one here. Keeping this up is only making things worse. Some fans are even saying that this is just another act to bring the guys down before they release their new album. See the lengths people think to? If this doesn't end soon, who knows what crazy stuff people would come up with. Don't need the controversy and craziness people.
Sometimes I really wonder what the world has come about. I guess Lucas (from OTH) put it pretty perfectly. I quote,
"Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred. How did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us? That we now send our children into the world like we send young men into war, hoping for their safe return. But knowing that some will be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows, swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?"-#316, With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept.
No comments:
Post a Comment