Thursday, May 18, 2006

strangled by the thought

Losing is never easy. It is never easy to accept, to digest and to let the fact settle down. You keep wishing it was just a nightmare and you'd wake up from it to find out it had never happened. On the other hand,I wished I didn't woke up from my sleep at 1.45am to catch the nightmare that happened right before my eyes.

Finally, we fall. And it's all over. The season is done and over with.

I actually cried. I couldn't even hold my back my tears even if I tried to. I got upset when Lehmann was sent off in the 18th minute because he brought down Eto'o. And unfortunately Pires had to go out in order to make way for Almunia.Down to 10 men against one of the most impressive playing team in Europe. Arsenal scored a goal, which was a really good header by the way, and made it through first half with the lead. By second half I couldn't even place my eyes on the screen for long cause I was too nervous. With another 15 minutes to go, Barcelona scored two and with the second goal, I had already gave in to my tears.

I wish we didn't lost. I really wish we didn't. I hated to see the sight of despair on the faces of the the players. So close but yet so far.

Still, after a few minutes of tears, I strangely felt okay. There was no feelings of bitterness or whatsoever. Barcelona won as they deserved to with the game they played. They were good and gave a good match. So did Arsenal. I truly believe that Arsenal gave their all and fought to the very last. It is dissapointing to lose, but I am proud that we still manage to held up for so long. The game they played is not something to be ashamed of. We played with 10 men, with a fairly young side but all in all, I would say we gave a good game.

There's still next season. We've made it this far this season, a great achievement with all the teams we played against, kept a clean sheet (until now...lol), so I don't see why can't we do it again next season. Maybe then, with fingers crossed, we can see the coveted title and trophy engraved with the words Arsenal FC.

All's fair in the game of football and life. Congrats to the Catalans!

No comments: