Sunday, July 16, 2006

3.21am

Like the blog post title says, it's 3.21am. And I'm still awake. All because I was being irascible once again and something's bugging the hell out of my mind. I hate it when something's bugging me, cause I know I'd stupidly allow it to continue bug me and then proceed to ruin my mood and all. I simply cannot control my mind and feelings at times that I can't help but feel useless and pathetic.

Another reason for being up at 3.25am, which is the time now, was an accidental stumble into Yesasia where I was just randomly clicking on sites just to check around. As always, I would check on the new stuff available on my favorites. So, I made the mistake, well not really, of checking KAT-TUN and immediately noticed that Yesasia was offering both the limited and normal edition of their new single, 'Signal'. I love the song, no doubt about it, so there I was wondering, should I get it? Though it is pretty expensive for a single CD with 4(or two tracks for the limited edition that comes with a DVD), but...


However, my main interest fell on something that I could not find in Kinokuniya the other day. Admittedly, I gave in and went all the way to KLCC not just to get my college stuff, but also cause I wanted to get Jap magazines featuring the guys. Lol. And the two magazines that I got, well, let's just say got me smiling and grinning throughout the whole day. But it's bloody expensive...RM25+ for a copy. However, the magazine quality is great, not like your typical local entertainment magazines at all. Glossy, quality color-printed, full color in almost 98% of the magazine, loads of features and it's pretty thick for an entertainment magazine. Jap magazines are awesome, well the expensive one that is. My dear penpal in Japan sent me one early this year which featured pages and pages of Shinhwa, was also in full-color for every page with pretty good paper quality. Even the US magazines which I used to buy (when I was all nuts over American music artistes, still is mind you, especially over GC and Fall Out Boy) are about RM18 and the quality isn't that good either with easy to tear paper. Imagine getting an RM18 magazine for the cool Good Charlotte poster and after pain-stakingly taking it out of the center-spread, only to see it torn a little in the middle cause of the staples. Poster ruined. Even if you weren't going to put it up, but still, it looks weird with a little hole in the middle of nowhere, or those creases. Yes, I'm plain picky and fussy.

Anyway, back to what I was saying before I rambled onto magazines, I was looking for a photobook. To be specific, KAT-TUN 1st Live in New York. Kino doesn't have it unfortunately, dissapointment for me there. So while I was checking out Yesasia, something familiar caught my eye. It was THE photobook. For USD26.75 meaning...RM97.60. Hard cover and with over...I'm not sure how many pages though, but quite likely about 80+? In my opinion, fairly worth it. Some would say, 'Are you insane? RM98 for a photobook???' My response - Do expect this from a girl who spent RM150+ for Shinhwa's COLORS Official Photobook. After all, with that purchase compared to this, it's nothing really. The fact that my mom subsidized by paying a little for me makes no difference, well, not really anyway. Anyway, point is, I will be paying this myself. No wheedling and whining to my mom that I really need and want the book so please, she has to subsidize and make her daughter's financial life more comfortable. However, of course, being logical, one has to know if it's really worth it or not. Well, likewise with Shinhwa's COLORS, I actually took the time and effort to check online for scans of the photobook to know what's inside. I would say these are pretty good enough of a reason.


































































Need I say more? The last image is convincing enough. Lol. I adore Kame's look when he was younger cause he looks incredibly childish and girlish yet charming.

Actually, I haven't really decided if I should get it, but after seeing Kame and Jin's attempt to promote their photobook whereby they got carried away and started to praise how each other looked in the photos while the rest stared at them, their utter cuteness there sort of made up my mind. So yeah, at 4.03am, I've made up my mind to get the photobook. =)

*Credits for the scans...rackell@boys_paper@LJ & boys_paper@LJ*

No comments: