First day was...normal. Okay, not so normal. Considering I was expecting being let off early for the two two-hour period classes. It's first day after all, in fact, first week, so that was a definite 'bound-to-happen' thing. However, I was very wrong. Both classes lasted two hours straight.
Luckily, the lecturers are pretty nice. We have a new lecturer from the industry, for Reporting For Print...he's from the broadcast industry, currently producing some shows, pretty interesting and seemed to be quite knowlegable in what he was talking and teaching. Though his background's in advertising and broadcast, as well as a Masters in Theatre, still, he had a good grasp of the print side. I think I will enjoy his classes alot. I think. The other lecturer for Desktop Design & Publishing, friendly and nice. Yeah, that's the only two words that I can use to describe her.
Other than the lecturers...gawd, the subjects seem like a killer. Eveything's pretty much CD-ROM/online based, not much on the papers actually. And when I checked the full list of assignments for DDP, I nearly fell over in shock. My first thought was that it's going to be all about design, but was proven to be very wrong again. We have to not only create some stuff, but provide a full critique and analysis of the design, create style designs (which after checking a sample, my jaw fell as it looked like it was a full-blown professional thing, not some two-three page measly design), create a magazine that's not exactly a typical magazine (there's a requirement to feature about a prominent female figure of the nation), and finally an award speech. The last one's confusing, but what we have to do, is analyse two book covers of the same type, compare and critique - speech style. And we have to use the readings as resources for all assignments. The readings are hell alot by the way. That's for only one subject. The rest...looks pretty killer-ish as well.
Strangely, I am not exactly worried about the assignments, but am very much excited. Yes, absolutely excited. It's really weird how I'm actually feeling this way. Lol. I would say overall, I had a pretty good first day.
I'm still in a bind over the whole photobook thing. Kino has yet to reply me which is making me even more nervous. I have no idea if I should forget asking them and order right from YesAsia instead...or Amazon Japan...or CDJapan...or...whatever the tens of choices I have out there. Thing is, ordering from YesAsia provides free shipping (loads saved from that) but I don't exactly trust the shipping handling. Cause one out of the many CDs ordered from them previously, came with a slight broken piece at the CD holder and slight scratched cover. I take my possessions very seriously, especially if it's new and a favorite. Yes, it was only one unlucky CD, but still...this is a book, a photobook at that. I don't think I can imagine what I will do if one page is slightly distorted or slightly torn, or with some weird print error, or bended, or cover scratched, or some sort 'catastrophe'. Most likely it would involved lot's of tears and curses and swearing and vows never ever to order from ---.
Yesterday I suddenly had a craving for Shinhwa's songs, which is pretty much out of nowhere since I haven't been listening to them for quite a while. But I'm somehow anxious to get their upcoming Japanese album which will be released next month. And the thought of their concert in September is sending little jolts of thrill every now and then. I guess I'm not over them, but just...taking a long break from them.
And I'm not to be blamed, cause it wasn't my fault that I suddenly got so bloody interested in Japanese guys instead. I blame it all on Nobuta Wo Produce which introduced me to Kame. Gokusen 2 for furthering the 'interest' in Kame and then Jin! And there's Maru's beatbox skills, his goofy smile, his dorky lovable attitude. The guy's 23 but looks like he's...18, the oldest but the most young-ish looking. Kame's the youngest at 20 but the most mature one on stage. And Ueda's SUCH a pretty boy. Okay, so are Kame and Jin, but Ueda...geez, he has facial features that are prettier than a girl's! When I was watching the making of Signal PV, I couldn't help notice how pretty he is. His eyes are incredibly dreamy and the way his hair fall neatly to the sides, without covering his eyes entirely, when he smiles (which is rather seldom) his lips turn up into a sweet curve upwards and you could just melt! Is it weird that I'm jealous of a guy's looks? Lol. And then there's guys like Takizawa, Koike, Oguri, endless long list here. Still, the one who holds my main interest has to be Kame. He's only a year older than me...unbelivable, cause he just seems so mature and all. Okay, he was really dorky and cute before, but now...woah. Unfortunately, Kame is only interested in older women, stating maturity is really an important characteristic for him. Still, there's always Maru right? Lol.
I haven't told anyone yet, except my mom, but lately I'm actually learning and practicing Pilates. It's the least form of exercise that I can actually stick to. Not too tough ones, but the basic ones. And am happily learning Japanese. The language is much more easier to grasp compared to Korean, but the characters are confusing cause of the three different kinds which drives me a lil up the wall. Korean characters are much easier to remember and all. I decided to take a break from learning Korean cause I seem to keep mixing up my vocabulary most of the time. It drives me a lil nuts sometimes to know that I actually got the root word right but when placed in a sentence, it's used wrongly and I have to use the other form of it, etc. Confusing.
And now I am off for my late dinner and a little more of Japanese-learning. Tomorrow's second day, with two lecturers that I am not really looking forward to. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment